By flashing this you take responsibility of anything that happens.
Process at your own risk!
If you want to check firmware – please make backup.
The idea of this project treble is to separate the device-dependent part and the system.
The project treble requires a separate /vendor partition for device-dependent part. But unfortunately we do not have it. But we have a /cache partition, which takes about 200mb and there is a /hidden partition, which takes 50-60mb. 200mb is not enough for us, our vendor is about 450mb.
In the first edition I maded for the 825 tablet, I implement an original solution using separate files for the system and the vendor. But this solution was very difficult to understand. Now my good friend @bonuzzz suggested an idea to me using a compressed partition (squashfs with lz4 compression). With this method, our vendor takes 190-195mb and it is possible to write it to the /cache partition. And use the /hidden partition as a /cache.
Now the installation has become much easier, almost like installing the usual lineage.
1. install twrp version with treble support (this is my special twrp, based on 9.0 with my latest caf kernel with squashfs support)
2. download treble zip and flash it as usual zip. It will flash boot.img and /vendor partition (in /cache)
3. download any treble system (64bit System A-only) image from: https://forum.xda-developers.com/project-treble
extract, you should get .img file, then copy to sdcard/extsd card and then flash image as system_image in twrp (Install – switch to Install Image and flash as System Image)
4. if you wanna back to stock firmware or lineage – you need flash normal twrp version and make full wipe or just flash stock firmware via odin
1. 20190404: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hOP…ew?usp=sharing
1. 20190408: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dok…ew?usp=sharing
1. 20190404: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gJ5…ew?usp=sharing
1. 20190408: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x_M…ew?usp=sharing
You can use almost any system image from https://forum.xda-developers.com/project-treble
Our version is: arm64 and a-only image
You should use only latest 19.0 beta version from: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app…mless-t3473445
Do not use 18.1 or early version – it’s dnw, it will corrupt firmware or may be even corrupt recovery (need flash recovery again via odin)
Almost all firmware say about wrong vendor version. This is normal, just press OK.
let’s experiment together!